Family Planning Centre in Nashik
What is family planning?
Family planning is “the ability of individuals and couples to anticipate and attain their desired number of children and the spacing and timing of their births. … If sexually active, family planning may involve the use of contraception and other techniques to control the timing of reproduction.
What are the methods of family planning?
- long-acting reversible contraception – the implant or intra uterine device (IUD)
- hormonal contraception – the pill or the Depo Provera injection.
- barrier methods – condoms.
- emergency contraception.
- fertility awareness.
- permanent contraception – vasectomy and tubal ligation.
What is the purpose of family planning?
Family planning helps protect women from any health risks that may occur before, during or after childbirth. These include high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, infections, miscarriage and stillbirth.
Which is the best method of family planning?
Contraceptives that are more than 99% effective:
- contraceptive implant (lasts up to 3 years)
- intrauterine system, or IUS (up to 5 years)
- intrauterine device, or IUD, also called the coil (up to 5 to 10 years)
- female sterilisation (permanent)
- male sterilisation or vasectomy (permanent)
What are the 3 types of family planning methods for females?
Short-acting hormonal methods, such as the pill, mini-pill, patch, shot, and vaginal ring, prevent your ovaries from releasing eggs or prevent sperm from getting to the egg. Barrier methods, such as condoms, diaphragms, sponge, cervical cap, prevent sperm from getting to the egg.